1. Alabama - The Crimson Tide didn't look unbeatable against Mississippi, but good enough to hang on to the top spot.
2. Oregon - They won't play the elite teams in the Pac-12 until later in the season, but it would be surprising if anyone in the conference can even slow their offense down this year.
3. LSU - Okay, I'm sure they were looking right past Towson and towards Florida, but there's no excuse for only beating Towson by 16.
4. Georgia - Everyone was excited about the Georgia defense going into the season, but it's their offense that has looked most impressive so far this year.
5. Kansas State - The Wildcats have proven that they can win the big game, but can they stay consistent and win the low key games week after week?
6. Notre Dame - It seems weird to see the Irish this high, but Brian Kelly may finally be turning the corner for the program.
7. Florida State - The path to an ACC title looks incredibly easy for the Seminoles, especially with a win over Clemson already under their belt.
8. South Carolina - The Gamecocks started slow against Kentucky, but have a golden opportunity to get in the driver's seat for the SEC East when they host Georgia next week.
9. West Virginia - Yes, the Mountaineers can score, but will they be able to stop anybody?
10. Texas - The Longhorns get the chance to show that they are back next week against West Virginia.
11. Florida - The Gators could easily surprise LSU if the Tigers play the way they have the last couple of weeks.
12. TCU - The Horned Frogs didn't impress against a bad SMU team and still have a few more weeks until they get into the heart of their Big 12 schedule.
13. Stanford - The Cardinal ran into a classic trap game in Seattle, their defense looks very tough, but it will be hard for them to win big games unless quarterback Josh Nunes can step up.
14. USC - The Trojans still have a shot at a great season, even if they can't go undefeated, if they can find more balance on offense.
15. Oklahoma - Like USC, the Sooners have to make sure that one early season loss, doesn't disrupt their morale.
16. Clemson - The ACC looks very thin at the top, and Clemson will have a great chance at getting into the Top 10 if they can avoid upsets.
17. Oregon State - The Beavers added another good win to their already impressive resume and their passing offense is starting to look dangerous.
18. Ohio State - The Buckeyes scored a huge win at Michigan State and look like the early front runners for the Big 10 championship.
19. Louisville - Winning a close game over Southern Miss usually won't drop you down in the rankings, but it should this year with how bad the Golden Eagles look.
20. UCLA - Made a mistake last week not keeping these guys ranked ahead of Nebraska, but not this week.
21. Nebraska - The Huskers have a great chance to grab the lead in the race for the Big 10 if they can beat Ohio State next week.
22. Mississippi State - A soft early-season schedule has the Bulldogs sitting high early, we'll see how they hold up when the difficulty rises.
23. Rutgers - The Scarlet Knights look like they could be the team to challenge Louisville in the Big East.
24. Washington - The Huskies get rewarded for their huge win over Stanford with a road game against one of the the hottest teams in the country in Oregon.
25. Cincinnati - See Rutgers above.