DENVER - SEPTEMBER 04: Student fans of the Colorado Buffaloes support their team as they face the Colorado State Rams in the Rocky Mountain Showdown at INVESCO Field at Mile High on September 4 2010 in Denver Colorado. Colorado was awarded the Centenial Trophy after they defeated Colorado State 24-3. (Photo by Doug Pensinger/Getty Images)
It's Thursday and it's about time for lunch, so here are a few things to check out.
- As the result of a budget shortfall of $16 million, Colorado loaned its athletic department $10 million last year following the move from the Big XII to the Pac-12. It'll reportedly pay it back over the next six years.
- Some California taxpayers want UCLA incoming freshman Justin Combs, the son of P. Diddy, to give up his scholarship, which carries an estimated worth of $54,000. May controversies!
- Yesterday we mentioned a porno was shot in 2001 at the L.A. Coliseum, USC's home football stadium. But the real question ... where any Trojans involved (pun intended)? Apparently not and most players say they were unaware.
- Former Colorado, UCLA and Washington head coach Rick Neuheisel -- more or less the Pac-12's very own Larry Brown -- is getting yet another broadcast gig. Neuheisel will be an analyst for Sirius XM's College Sports National channel, it announced today.
- Quarterback Luke Del Rio, the son of former USC All-American linebacker and Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio, has committed to Oklahoma State. He also received a scholarship offer from Oregon State.
- Oregon senior Alex Keudell was named Pac-12 pitcher of the year on Wednesday. Here are more All-Conference awards.
- A nice read in the Daily Trojan on USC baseball coach Frank Cruz, whose brother Mike passed away in March from colon cancer at the age of 62.
- Here's the current leaderboard for the NCAA Men's Golf Championships in Pacific Palisades, Calif. As mentioned earlier this week, six Pac-12 schools are participating: Cal, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, USC and Washington.
- ESPN's College GameDay was in Los Angeles earlier this month filming some commercials. More specifically, they were visiting USC and Lane Kiffin. Here are some photos they took from their trip.
For everything related to Pac-12 football, basketball and Olympic sports, stay tuned to Pacific Takes or follow us on Twitter.