This is a huge recruiting weekend for Steve Sarkisian and the USC Trojans. Landing a half-dozen of their uncommitted targets or managing to flip some of the prospects who are currently committed elsewhere could help immediately replenish the bare coffers.
There are several big recruits the USC Trojans would like to land this weekend.
Damien Mama, Bellflower (Ca.) St. John Bosco offensive guard: Mama is one of the best offensive line talents on the West Coast. Mama's decision will likely come between the two LA schools, with USC favored by many to win the battle. Also expect strong pushes from BYU and Alabama.
John 'JuJu' Smith, Long Beach (Ca.) Poly athlete: USC is one of the favorites to win the battle here, but expect Notre Dame to make a strong challenge. Alabama, Oregon and Ohio State will also be grabbing visits.
Michiah Quick, Fresno (Ca.) Central East athlete: USC is probably the underdog here, with both Notre Dame and Oklahoma also figuring to have the inside shot at the central California playmaker.
Charles Nelson, Dayton Beach (Fl.) Seabreeze athlete: USC is in the mix, with Florida, Notre Dame and West Virginia are in good shape.
Ismael Murphy-Richardson, Goodyear (Az.) Desert Edge outside linebacker: USC will be one of the choices, but Arizona State and Oklahoma will get visits too, and Arizona and Texas A&M might get hats too.
Committed to USC
- Uchenna Nwosu, Harbor City (Ca.) Narbonne safety
- Ajene Harris, Los Angeles (Ca.) Crenshaw wide receiver
- Malik Dorton, Bellflower (Ca.) St. John Bosco defensive end
- Jonathan Lockett, Santa Ana (Ca.) Mater Dei cornerback
- Olajuwon Tucker, Gardena (Ca.) Junipero Serra linebacker
- Bryce Dixon, Ventura (Ca.) St. Bonaventure tight end
- John Plattenburg Jr., Houston (Tx.) Lamar cornerback
- Viane Talamaivao, Corona (Ca.) Centennial offensive guard
Committed to other schools