6. Georgia State at Washington: How did this game happen? Oh well. This does lend credence to the idea that you don’t have to watch it all.
5. Hawaii at Colorado: A bad MWC team takes on a weak Pac-12 squad. By default, this should be a very interesting contest between two teams that don’t know
4. San Diego State at Oregon State: The Beavers wrap up non-conference play against a modest MWC opponent that should give them plenty of trouble. Oregon State usually wins their home OOC game, so they should feel pretty confident that they will pull out the victory.
3. Cal at Arizona: Cal’s most competitive Pac-12 game came last season against Arizona, so this figures to be a competitive one in the desert. If the Bears can score an early season victory against the Wildcats, they can feel a lot more secure in their prospects for the season. But the Wildcats are very strong at home.
2. Utah at Michigan: Kyle Whittingham might make a huge statement if he can go on the road and land a victory in the Big House. Ann Arbor is a large venue but is hardly an intimidating place for a team to play, so expect the Utes to give it their best shot against an equally desperate Brady Hoke.
1. Oregon at Washington State: The last Pac-12 road game for the Ducks did not end well, and Mike Leach gave Oregon plenty to worry about in their previous encounter at Autzen. Can Oregon’s defense do a better job clamping down on the Cougars to avoid an upset bid?