For the first time since 1986, the Arizona Wildcats are headed to the finals of the College World Series, set to face either Arkansas or South Carolina, capping off another successful year for the conference.
- With UCLA eliminated from the College World Series, Arizona is the lone Pac-12 representative in Omaha. And the Wildcats advanced to the CWS finals on Thursday with a 10-3 win over Florida State. [KVAL.com]
- California junior wide receiver Keenan Allen is "ahead of schedule" following an ankle injury while playing basketball. [ESPN Pac-12 blog]
- USC picked up its 10th commit for the class of 2013 in four-star wide receiver Sebastian LaRue from Santa Monica, Calif. [Los Angeles Times]
- Is USC senior quarterback Matt Barkley a lock to win the Heisman Trophy? [Orlando Sentinel]
- Can Oregon reach its second BCS national championship game in three years this season? [SBNation.com]
- Who has the strongest nonconference schedule in the Pac-12? The easiest? [Sporting News]
- What are Arizona State's five most glaring weaknesses heading into the 2012 season? [House of Sparky]
- Oregon State broke ground on a new, 34,500-square foot, $15 million basketball facility this week. [The Oregonian]
- The television schedules for some more Pac-12 non-revenue sports have been announced. [Pac-12.org]
For everything related to Pac-12 football, basketball and Olympic sports, stay tuned to Pacific Takes or follow us on Twitter.