Periodically leading up to the 2014 NFL Draft we will be putting together a mock draft and specifically focusing on Pac-12 players that we think will get drafted in the first round.
Note that we put the draft order together based on how we think the NFL season will shake out from here, so the teams aren't simply ordered by their records right now.
1. Houston - Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville *Jr.
2. Jacksonville - Derek Carr QB Fresno State
3. Tampa Bay - Jadeveon Clowney DE South Carolina *Jr.
4. Atlanta - Anthony Barr LB UCLA
I could see Barr going as high as the first pick depending on what teams end up where as he truly showed his worth against USC in a national spotlight again. He is a Von Miller-type player that could transform some team's defense, so I don't see him lasting past the first few picks regardless of who ends up at the top. The Falcons need to shore up their entire defense, and Barr would be a steal as the fourth pick.
5. St. Louis (from Washington) - Jake Matthews T Texas A&M
6. Cleveland - Johnny Manziel QB Texas A&M *So.
7. Minnesota - Tajh Boyd QB Clemson
8. Oakland - Sammy Watkins WR Clemson *Jr.
9. Buffalo - Khalil Mack LB Buffalo
10. NYGiants - Louis Nix DT Notre Dame *Jr.
11. St. Louis - Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S Alabama *Jr.
12. Tennessee - Taylor Lewan T Michigan
13. Miami - Cameron Erving T Florida State *Jr.
14. Pittsburgh - Cyrus Kouandijo T Alabama *Jr.
15. San Diego - Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
16. NYJets - Mike Evans WR Texas A&M *So.
17. Green Bay - Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech *Jr.
18. Philadelphia - Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon *Jr.
I've had Ekpre-Olomu slotted here a bunch of times because the Eagles need a cornerback and Chip Kelly is more than familiar with his skills and he likely will declare early for the draft.
19. Arizona - Trent Murphy LB Stanford
I think Murphy will continue to rise as the draft approaches due to his incredible size and skill set. A guy who can rush the passer and knock down passes in invaluable in the NFL right now and he would fit in perfectly with a tough Arizona defense.
20. Chicago - Vic Beasley DE Clemson *Jr.
21. Baltimore - Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame *Jr.
22. Dallas - C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
23. Detroit - Kyle Van Noy LB BYU
24. Kansas City - Eric Ebron TE North Carolina *Jr.
25. Cleveland (from Indianapolis) - Marqise Lee WR USC *Jr.
Lee's lackluster 2013 season killed his draft stock, but I still see no way that he slips out of the first round. I think Cleveland will address their quarterback issues earlier in the draft and then they would definitely want to help out their rookie quarterback by getting him a target with the Colts' pick.
26. Carolina - Allen Robinson WR Penn State *Jr.
27. Cincinnati - Ryan Shazier LB Ohio State *Jr.
28. San Francisco - Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State
29. New England - RaShede Hageman DT Minnesota
30. New Orleans - Will Sutton DT Arizona State
Sutton is a bit of a tweener, but he's just too much of a pure football talent to fall really far in the draft. The Saints need help on their defense up front and Sutton could be a perfect fit with his versatility in run and pass defense and ability to play anywhere along the line.
31. Denver - Zack Martin G Notre Dame
32. Seattle - Gabe Jackson G Mississippi State