Green vs. Green.
Pac 12 power vs. Big Ten power.
High powered offense vs. Lockdown Defense.
I got like five more of these. Basically this is going to be a pretty spectacular game. A showdown of this magnitude doesn't happen very often in college football, much less in September. This non-conference clash matches the top ranked Pac 12 team against the perceivable favorites out of the Big Ten, following Braxton Miller's injury for Ohio St. No other non conference game will shape the landscape of the college football playoff quite like this one, with the winner positioning themselves on the fast-track to one of the 4 coveted spots in Pasadena next January. Here's a couple of key numbers for the game.
- Oregon boasts the 3rd ranked offense in the nation (547.8). Michigan St comes in with the 2nd ranked defense in the nation (258.2).
- Oregon runs the ball 43.5 times per game. Michigan St's opponents run the ball an average of 31.1 times, the seventh fewest in the nation.
- Oregon gains 254.8 rushing yards per contest. Michigan St allows 89.2
- Michigan St is one of only two teams to finish in the top 5 defensively in yards per play each of the last 3 seasons.
- Oregon has finished in the top 3 in Points per game each of the last three seasons.
- Saturday will mark the first time ever in Autzen Stadium two non-conference top ten teams face off.
Time: 6:30 p.m. E.T.
TV Channel: FOX
Location: Autzen Stadium (Eugene, OR)
Betting Line: Oregon -13.5 via 5Dimes