North (All North teams same ranking as last week)
1. Stanford - The Cardinal remain clear leaders in the North and the conference's best hope for a Playoff berth. They can put the North officially to rest this week with a win over Oregon, but that is going to be much tougher than it seemed just a few weeks ago.
2. Washington State - The Cougars made a major statement with a win over Arizona State in exactly the kind of game they have seemed to lose every year for the past 10 plus years. The Cougars are for real and hung onto their second spot despite an equally-large statement by Oregon down in Eugene.
3. Oregon - The Ducks looked to come full circle in a 16-point win over Cal that wasn't as close as the score indicates. Their defense has suddenly improved a lot and their offense is taking shape with Vernon Adams.
4. Cal - The Bears' feel-good season is turning into a disaster and they in trouble of falling behind a Washington team that they beat in these rankings. The good news in Berkeley is that they have two very winnable home games left on their schedule against Oregon State and Arizona State.
5. Washington - Washington has improved the past few weeks, but lost a couple of tough ones at home to Oregon and Utah. They have three winnable games left on the schedule and can climb from here and maybe get to a bowl.
6. Oregon State - The Beavers are clearly the worst team in the North and the Pac-12. However, watch for them to maybe steal an upset at Cal or at home against Washington.
1. Utah (#1 last week) - The Utes are blowing anyone away, but they are holding onto their spot on top in the South. Their game at Arizona Saturday looks a little tougher this week after the Wildcats showed a pulse at USC.
2. UCLA (#3 last week) - A Bruin demolishing of Oregon State in Corvallis combined with the Trojans struggling against Arizona gave the Bruins a bump in the South rankings.
3. USC (#2 last week) - The Trojans beat Arizona, but they didn't look that great doing it.
4. Arizona State (#4 last week) - The Sun Devils simply haven't looked good all year outside of one nice performance at UCLA.
5. Arizona (#5 last week) - Give the Wildcats respect for showing up at USC and not just folding down the stretch. They have a great shot at upsetting Utah Saturday.
6. Colorado (#6 last week) - The Buffs fell far short of pulling off a massive upset in Boulder over Stanford but they get another shot this week against USC.