The Coaches Poll is out! Let’s take a quick look at the Pac-12 teams comprising 20% of the top 25.
7. Stanford Cardinal. Stanford has been projected to win the Pac-12. Are they capable of overcoming a stacked conference and a difficult road schedule? They also have rising foes to deal with in the North.
17. USC Trojans. As is tradition, USC starts the season in the top 25. Can they finish there? There are question marks all over the place.
18. Washington Huskies. For the first time in over a decade, Washington finds themselves ranked above their hated rivals Oregon. Can they hang onto that top 25 stature?
22. Oregon Ducks. No one is expecting much from Oregon, which is porbably a dangerous thing to let happen. The Ducks are so explosive and so full of offensive firepower, it’s unlikely they’ll be out of any of their games.
24. UCLA Bruins. What is UCLA’s destiny this season? Can they finally surpass expectations? Or will it beanother year of incoming disappointment?
Also receiving votes
28. Utah Utes. Utah is always a team you’d be foolish to underestimate. The Utes are not expected to make much noise, but they often always do.
30. Washington State Cougars. Air Raid time? Mike Leach and Washington State flirted with the Pac-12 North title last season. Can they make a significant leap?
T-45. Arizona Wildcats. Honestly, these votes came out of nowhere, but U of A does have some sleeper potential in the South if they put it together.
|RANK||TEAM||RECORD||POINTS||FIRST PLACE VOTES||PREVIOUS RANK|
|1||Alabama Crimson Tide||0-0||1585||55||NR|
|4||Florida State Seminoles||0-0||1351||1||NR|
|5||Ohio State Buckeyes||0-0||1321||0||NR|
|9||Notre Dame Fighting Irish||0-0||1034||0||NR|
|11||Michigan State Spartans||0-0||901||0||NR|
|12||Ole Miss Rebels||0-0||792||0||NR|
|14||TCU Horned Frogs||0-0||649||0||NR|
|19||Oklahoma State Cowboys||0-0||426||0||NR|
|20||North Carolina Tar Heels||0-0||422||0||NR|
|Others Receiving Votes: Miami (Fla.) 120; Wisconsin 82; Utah 73; Boise State 73; Washington State 47; Texas A&M 37; Texas 34; Arkansas 34; Northwestern 31; Navy 30; Mississippi State 19; San Diego State 18; Nebraska 17; Auburn 17; Western Kentucky 11; Pittsburgh 8; Brigham Young 6; Appalachian State 4; Duke 3; Arizona 2; Marshall 2; Toledo 2; South Florida 2; Memphis 1; Indiana 1; Northern Illinois 1.|