- Taylor Rapp Jr. S Washington - Rapp has it all as a safety. He can make plays in the backfield, pick off passes, and his crazy range and instincts make it very hard to throw deep or down the middle against Washington.
2. Marvell Tell Sr. S USC - Another super balanced veteran safety who can defend the run and pass very well. He’s the leader of the back of the USC defense.
3. Jordan Miller Sr. CB Washington - Miller’s one of the most-underrated players in the conference. He was playing at a first-team All-Pac-12-level before he got hurt last season and should pick up right where he left off as long as he is healthy as a 6’1 lockdown CB.
4. Byron Murphy So. CB Washington - Murphy might be the best NFL prospect of the group as an ultra athletic CB who can also hit. He’s the rare combination of speed and physicality at CB.
5. Jalen Thompson Jr. S Washington State - Thompson is a ballhawk who had four picks last season. He can also defend at the line of scrimmage, finishing with 5.5 TFLs in 2017.
6. JoJo McIntosh Sr. S Washington - The enforcer of Washington’s defense. The 6’1 210 senior is great in run defense and can lay the lumber.
7. Julian Blackmon Jr. CB Utah - The 6’1 athlete broke out in 2017 and picked off four passes. He earned All-Pac-12 honors as a sophomore.
8. Chase Lucas So. CB Arizona State - He was one of the best freshman defensive backs in the entire country. He picked off two passes in 2017 and earned All-Pac-12 recognition.
9. Iman Marshall Sr. CB USC - Maybe the most talented DB in the conference, Marshall turned down the NFL for one more year of polish. Don’t be surprised if he progresses into a true star as a senior.
10. Alijah Holder Sr. CB Stanford - Holder could be a first-team All-Pac-12 CB if he can stay healthy. Watch for him to have a huge senior season and put it all together.
11. Nate Meadors Sr. CB UCLA - A physical corner who can make tackles in the run game and defend passes well. He will be a cornerstone for the UCLA defense in 2018.
12. Alameen Murphy Sr. CB Stanford - The other big cornerback at Stanford who could have a huge season if he stays healthy.