- Utah 11-1 8-1 (Last week: 1) - The Utes put the glue on their best team in the Pac-12 during the regular season trophy, bashing Colorado. They beat up everyone they played other than at USC in a close loss and a close win at Washington.
- Oregon 10-2 8-1 (Last week: 2) - The Ducks took care of business just like the Utes. They still control their own destiny in the power rankings. Beat Utah in Santa Clara and they’re back on top.
- USC 8-4 7-2 (Last week: 3) - The Trojans hold steady after their second bye week and not getting the upset they needed in Salt Lake City.
- Arizona State 7-5 4-5 (Last week: 5) - The Sun Devils closed better than anyone in the conference other than Utah. Their early-season win over Cal puts them ahead of Cal and Washington with the 4-5/7-5 teams.
- Cal 7-5 4-5 (Last week: 6) - Winning at UCLA pushes the Bears up a spot and their win at Washington slides them ahead of the Huskies. A solid finish to the season for Justin Wilcox’ team.
- Washington 7-5 4-5 (Last week: 4) - The Huskies won the Apple Cup again, guaranteeing another winning season and continuing their streak of dominance in the rivalry, but not much else.
- Oregon State 5-7 4-5 (Last week: 8) - That Hawaii loss stings so bad as the Beavers were actually good enough in-conference to go to a bowl game. They gave Oregon a lot to handle in The Civil War too, even without Jake Luton.
- UCLA 4-8 4-5 (Last week: 10) - How does UCLA jump three spots after losing to Cal at home? Because their in-conference record is pretty solid.
- Washington State 6-6 3-6 (Last week: 7) - The Cougars just can’t compete in the Apple Cup. Making it to a bowl game is still a solid accomplishment this year though.
- Colorado 5-7 3-6 (Last week: 9) - The Buffs close up shop on a good, but not great first season for Mel Tucker.
- Stanford 4-8 3-6 (last week: 11) - Ugly, ugly season for the Cardinal. They have way too much talent to be second-to-last in the Pac-12. David Shaw has a lot of rebuilding to do in 2020.
- Arizona 4-8 2-7 (Last week: 12) - It’s not the end of the line for Kevin Sumlin, but the Wildcats were the worst team in the Pac-12 and that’s gotta turn up the heat on his seat.
Pacific Takes Pac-12 Power Rankings 12/3: Arizona State takes fourth spot
Lots of shuffling after the third spot this week.
By Jack Follman