It took only two weeks, but from the moment Vernon Adams got out of limbo by passing his final examination and took the field for the Oregon Ducks in practice, he seemed destined to become the starter. And now it's official: The first depth chart for Oregon has Adams listed as the starting quarterback. He will be taking the field to take on Eastern Washington (his former team that he transferred from) a week from now and will try and lead the Ducks back to the playoff for the second straight season.
Other updates from the depth chart:
Oregon's first depth chart pic.twitter.com/Pw0QYksZe1— Andrew Greif (@AndrewGreif) August 28, 2015
- Notre Dame transfer Matt Hegarty has won the starting center job, replacing All-American Hroniss Grasu.
- Bralon Addison isn't listed as a starter in his first fall camp back since tearing his ACL last spring.
- Arrion Springs beat out Ugo Amadi for one cornerback spot.
- Kani Benoit is the current listed number two running back.
- Charles Nelson is a starting wide receiver after moving back 100% to that side of the ball.
Oregon looks locked and loaded for another ten win season if all goes according to plan and Adams lives up to the billing.