Media days are over! Practices have started! The Pac-12 Network announced that it has not yet reached an agreement with DirecTV! That can only mean that WE ARE LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY FROM COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!
- Here’s one of the latest videos from RichRod and company, entitled "Arizona Fast #TheNewNormal". Because nothing represents speed like the name of a cancelled NBC sitcom.
I guess RichRod is pretty psyched for that UCLA game on November 1st.
- Some schools practice to classic rock or top-40 songs. The Wildcats practice to the Macarena, Barbie Girl, and the sound of a baby crying.
#18 Arizona State:
- Panic on the streets of Tempe:
ASU announces new football tailgating restrictions which includes a ban on kegs. Details: http://t.co/5Darn99dgG— House of Sparky (@HouseOfSparky) July 31, 2014
firedresigned Cal AD Sandy Barbour, who oversaw some of the worst graduation rates in the country, accepted the same job at Penn State. Wait, what?
- To be honest, there's not that much excitement surrounding Colorado football right now. So here's a list of British things to do in Boulder.
- Carl's Jr. sponsored scratch-and-sniff tickets will be issued to season ticket holders this year. This would be pretty cool if we were in the 1980s.
- Two years ago, after Oregon defeated Oregon State 48-24, a drunk Beavers fan was caught on camera heckling Ducks players, shouting "No natty!" in reference to the national championship. Here are the best quotes from that video, ranked.
#USC QB Cody Kessler reluctant to take a selfie here at Pac-12 Media Days. Gotta think that's symbolic. He knows it's not all about him.— Michael Lev (@MichaelJLev) July 23, 2014
- The Cardinal have the 6th toughest schedule in the nation, second only to Utah in the conference.This is pretty amazing, considering that Stanford does not have to play Stanford.
- In case you missed it, the Bruins and Adidas unveiled new "LA Steel" uniforms, which would be a fitting name if Los Angeles had a steel industry. Also, their undershirt features the downtown LA skyline, which makes sense because they play in downtown LA once every two years.
- New uniforms were revealed and the sleeves are stupid.
Captain Nate Orchard pic.twitter.com/omseR6L3DQ— Utah Football (@Utah_Football) August 6, 2014
- This video was weird, especially when Bane started talking:
- And this video made me want to suit up for Coach Petersen:
- One of the more interesting things we learned at Pac-12 media days was that Mike Leach appeared in the movie Grunt! The Wrestling Movie (1986), which I assume is a movie about wrestling.
Tweet of the Week
This would definitely boost Pac-12 recruiting.
Completely Arbitrary Bowl Projections
I predict that two Pac-12 teams will make the inaugural College Football Playoff. Can this actually happen? Probably not, but I'm going to project it anyway.
Rose Bowl presented by Northwestern Mutual (playoff): Stanford (12-1) vs. Duke (13-0)
Allstate Sugar Bowl (playoff): Arizona State (12-1) vs. Alabama (12-1)
Valero Alamo Bowl: Oregon (10-2) vs. Manchester United (11-5-3)
National University Holiday Bowl: UCLA (9-3) vs. Illinois (8-4)
Cactus Bowl: Washington State (8-4) vs. Northwestern (6-6)
San Francisco Bowl: Utah (7-5) vs. Louisville (8-4)
Hyundai Sun Bowl: Washington (7-6) vs. Boise State (9-3)
Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Oregon State (6-6) vs. Ohio State (6-6)
USC goes 5-7 because Cody Kessler took a selfie.