There are tons of watchlists coming out, but this is probably one of the more meaningful awards for strong community service combined with great athletic and academic accomplishment.
Each Pac-12 player has a representative for the Wuerffel Trophy preseason watchlist. The trophy is presented to the player who best combines exemplary community service with athletic and academic achievement, so we have some good examples about who the best student athletes we can find in the conference.
Here’s the dozen who got nominated for this watchlist from the Pac-12
- Jacob Alsadek of the Arizona Wildcats.
- Tashon Smallwood of the Arizona State Sun Devils.
- Raymond Davison of the California Golden Bears.
- Derek McCartney of the Colorado Buffaloes.
- Juwaan Williams of the Oregon Ducks.
- Marcus McMaryion of the Oregon State Beavers.
- Harrison Phillips of the Stanford Cardinal.
- Kenny Young of the UCLA Bruins.
- Nico Falah of the USC Trojans.
- Chase Hansen of the Utah Utes.
- Azeem Victor of the Washington Huskies.
- Peyton Pelluer of the Washington State Cougars.