Here’s a look at the Pac-12 football standings after week one. Only one Pac-12 football game has been played so far, but it was a critical one, with the Stanford Cardinal controlling wire-to-wire against the USC Trojans.
Here are the remaining Pac-12 undefeated teams.
- Stanford Cardinal: Two strong wins against San Diego State and USC have the Cardinal moving right back on track.
- Oregon Ducks: Oregon is vaulting through relatively easy non-conference competition.
- Washington St. Cougars: Wazzu is pretty much doing the same thing as Oregon, but impressively so. We should know more about both teams in a month’s time.
- California Golden Bears: Cal is the least impressive of the 2-0 squads, but they are getting critical wins.
- Washington Huskies: Probably the most impressive 1-1 team in the nation, UW is in a win-and-in mode the rest of the way.
- Oregon State Beavers: Even the Beavers, who have no defense to speak of, are making quite a bit of noise early on.
- Colorado Buffaloes: The Buffs might have the best win of the year so far in Nebraska. Is this a year for a leap into the Pac-12 South’s elite?
- Arizona State Sun Devils: The Herm Edwards train to greatness is cruising along, just as expected.
- Utah Utes: Pure, methodical football is what keeps Utah humming, just like every season. A critical matchup with Washington awaits.
- USC Trojans: This hasn’t been an impressive start to USC’s season, trailing UNLV and then totally wiped out by Stanford. Things need to change, fast.
- Arizona Wildcats: Arizona looks like a legitimately bad football team.
- UCLA Bruins: UCLA shows talent, but just feels a year or two away from contention.
Pac-12 Football Standings