If the Washington Huskies are going to end up making a run at being the best team in the Pac-12, they are almost certainly going to rely on the strength of their offensive and defensive line talent. Washington is returning plenty of players up front to try and power their offenses and defenses to complete victory.
Four of Washington’s interior linemen were awarded with Outland Trophy preseason recognition. The Outland Trophy goes to the best interior linemen in the nation, and Washington had two from each side make the list. Washington left tackle Trey Adams and center Coleman Shelton made the cut-off, as did defensive lineman Vita Vea and Greg Gaines.
Here’s the list of the other Pac-12 players to make the Outland Trophy watchlist.
- Oregon Ducks offensive tackle Tyrell Crosby
- USC Trojans defensive tackle Rasheem Green
- Utah Utes defensive tackle Lowell Lotulelei
- Washington State Cougars offensive tackle Cody O’Connell
- Stanford Cardinal defensive lineman Harrison Phillips
- UCLA Bruins offensive lineman Scott Quessenberry