Can Washington State survive October? If they can, the opening for the Pac-12 is right there for them.
Washington State's September is eminently winnable. They have a non-conference slate headlined by a road trip to Boise State. It's never easy to win in Boise, but if they can get past the Broncos, Wazzu should breeze past Idaho and outpass Eastern Washington to get to 3-0.
After an early bye week, the nightmare begins. Wazzu hosts Oregon in an aerial shootout, heads down to Stanford the next week, then comes right back to host UCLA, then hits the road again to battle Arizona State. Four tough games in a row, three in a row against the top Pac-12 contenders!
After that, Wazzu has five extremely winnable games. They go to Oregon State and Colorado and should handle their business, host warmer weather teams like Cal and Arizona in frigid Pullman in November, and then finish up with the Apple Cup at home. If Washington State survives October with one or two losses, the road is wide open for a Pac-12 title run.
- Saturday, 9/3 vs. Eastern Washington Eagles
- Saturday, 9/10 at Boise State Broncos
- Saturday, 9/17 vs. Idaho Vandals
- Saturday, 10/1 vs. Oregon Ducks
- Saturday, 10/8 at Stanford Cardinal
- Saturday, 10/15 vs. UCLA Bruins (Homecoming)
- Saturday, 10/22 at Arizona State Sun Devils
- Saturday, 10/29 at Oregon State Beavers
- Saturday, 11/5 vs. Arizona Wildcats (Dad's Weekend)
- Saturday, 11/12 vs. California Golden Bears
- Saturday, 11/19 at Colorado Buffaloes
- Friday, 11/25 vs. Washington Huskies