It's Pac-12 Media Day! Where dreams come alive and the rest of us just pretend to care about what's happening.
Unlike SEC Media Day, which kind of reminds you of a pre-party at a redneck comic convention, the Pac-12 Media Day still remains a bit of a Country Club affair. Although it's much better than it was during the Tom Hansen era -- at least we're aware that it exists, that it's being televised somewhere, and you can see it. those qutsn't just a narrator was just feeding us misinformation on the event from the nexus)
Usually these conferences are pretty droll, but there are plenty of personalities this year. Chip Kelly might actually be candid on one of these tries. Lane Kiffin is getting more confident and attempts to wise those cracks. Mike Riley and Jeff Tedford are as relaxed personalities as can be for guys who are pretty close to the hot seat.
And then you have the new faces. Early predictions for today's events.
- Jim Mora Jr. will spend the entire presser replicating the finest moments of Lieutenant Dan's agony in Forrest Gump.
- Mike Leach is going to show you the old-fashioned way to fight scurvy.
- Rich Rodriguez has been brainwashed to believe he spent the last five years being held by an ancient Fascist sleeper cell, and that everyone still thinks he's on the cutting edge of offense.
- Todd Graham is going to write an epic ballad to his cultural heroes the Bedouins, a people with which he claims to have original cultural and spiritual ties.
Time (PT): School -- Coach, Players
- 9:00 AM: Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott and Enterprises president Gary Stevenson.
- 9:15 AM: Colorado -- Jon Embree, David Bakhtiari, Ray Polk
- 9:35 AM: Arizona -- Rich Rodriguez, Matt Scott, Jake Fischer
- 9:55 AM: Arizona St. -- Todd Graham, Cameron Marshall, Brandon Magee
- 10:15 AM: Utah -- Kyle Whittingham, John White, Star Lotulelei
- 10:35 AM: UCLA -- Jim Mora, Johnathan Franklin, Tevin McDonald
- 10:55 AM: USC -- Lane Kiffin, Matt Barkley, T.J. McDonald
- 11:25 AM: Washington St. -- Mike Leach, Jeff Tuel, Travis Long
- 11:45 AM: Oregon St. -- Mike Riley, Markus Wheaton, Jordan Poyer
- 12:05 PM: California -- Jeff Tedford, Keenan Allen, Josh Hill
- 12:25 PM: Washington -- Steve Sarkisian, Keith Price, Desmond Trufant
- 12:45 PM: Stanford -- David Shaw, Stepfan Taylor, Chase Thomas
- 1:05 PM: Oregon -- Chip Kelly, Kenjon Barner, Michael Clay