Pacific Takes Ballot - Week 3
|1||Alabama Crimson Tide||--|
|7||Notre Dame Fighting Irish||6|
|8||Kansas St. Wildcats||--|
|9||West Virginia Mountaineers||--|
|10||South Carolina Gamecocks||--|
|11||Florida St. Seminoles||--|
|15||TCU Horned Frogs||--|
|18||Ohio St. Buckeyes||-1|
|19||Michigan St. Spartans||-14|
|24||Boise St. Broncos||-5|
|Dropouts: Virginia Tech Hokies, Tennessee Volunteers|
SB Nation BlogPoll College Football Top 25 Rankings "
1. Alabama - The win over Arkansas isn't nearly as impressive as it would have seemed going into the season, but still the way the Crimson Tide absolutely demolished the Razorbacks can't be ignored.
2. LSU - The Tigers started out slower than expected against Idaho, but continue to prove that they and Alabama are still the two best teams in the country.
3. Georgia - Yes, three SEC teams at the top... This likely won't stick but with most teams still not having proven much, I think these are the three most talented and balanced teams in the nation.
4. Oregon - The offense continues to look as good as ever, but still waiting to see how they will play against quality opponents.
5. Oklahoma - The Sooners haven't proved much yet this season, but are still one of the most talented teams in the country.
6. Stanford - Forget about "Wait and See" mode for the Cardinal. We've seen what they can do this year and it's beat one of the preseason national title favorites. Their defense looked ferocious as they frustrated Matt Barkley, Marqise Lee and Robert Woods.
7. Notre Dame - The Irish's road win against Michigan State is one of the most impressive wins of the year so far. The offense hasn't looked explosive yet, but the defense looks very tough.
8. Kansas State - The Wildcats look like they have the potential to challenge for the Big 12 title and they will get their chance next week at Oklahoma.
9. West Virginia - Clearly the offense will be able to put up points so if the Mountaineers can put together a good defense, they have a very good shot at winning the Big 12.
10. South Carolina - The SEC East looks to be tougher this year than in recent seasons and the good news is that South Carolina's offense looks like it is starting to break out.
11. Florida State - The Seminoles look like they might live up to the hype this year after absolutely demolishing a decent Wake Forest team.
12. USC - The Trojans haven't looked balanced on offense yet this season and Stanford may have exposed the Trojans weakness in their offensive line.
13. Clemson - The Tigers have a golden opportunity to jump in front of the ACC against Florida State on Saturday as they have looked tough thus far.
14. Texas - Mississippi is far from an SEC power, but going on the road and blowing them out in Oxford was a big win for the Longhorns.
15. TCU - Still waiting to see how they will adjust to the Big 12, but the Horned Frogs have looked solid thus far.
16. Florida - With a big win on the road against Tennessee, it looks like the Gators might be back.
17. Louisville - Another good win for Louisville this week as they look like the class of the very weak Big East so far.
18. Ohio State - The Big 10 looks very down this year and the Buckeyes struggled at home with a Cal team that hasn't looked impressive so far.
19. Michigan State - The Spartans defense still looks liked one of the best in the country, but they will have trouble beating good teams unless their offense can put up more points.
20. Michigan - The Wolverines haven't looked good yet but have a huge chance to get themselves back on track against Notre Dame.
21. UCLA - The Bruins just keep looking fantastic on offense and the Pac-12 South just got a whole lot more interesting.
22. Nebraska - The Huskers have looked good with Ameer Abdullah, but still sorely miss Rex Burkhead.
23. Arizona - The Wildcats offense looks like one of the best in the country, and quarterback Matt Scott is thriving in Rich Rodriguez' system.
24. Boise State - The tough loss to Michigan State doesn't look as good as it used to. The Broncos already have their second tough game of the year against BYU.
25. Baylor - The level of teams in the rankings really starts to drop off around here. The Bears haven't proved anything yet, but still have enough talent to be one of the better teams in the Big 12.