Do you wish that there was an article that listed every Pac-12 uniform change for this upcoming season? Well you've come to the right place! If you don't care about uniforms, you can just skip ahead to Martin Stadium updates and my completely arbitrary bowl projections.
- In order to comply with NCAA regulations, the Wildcats have removed the gradient effect from their jersey numbers. These unis look a lot better, although I would have liked to see white lettering on the blue uniform.
Arizona's uni numbers now solid, no longer gradient. pic.twitter.com/bwk6capwA7— Paul Lukas (@UniWatch) August 17, 2014
- Arizona has also re-added blue and red stripes to their helmets.
#18 Arizona State:
- The Sun Devils have been getting some pretty positive reviews about "Desert Fuel," their new alternative uniforms that pay homage to Arizona's copper mining industry.
Since ASU has already announced the UCLA game as a "Blackout" and the Stanford game as a "Maroon Monsoon," I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that the Devils will wear these awesome unis on November 8th, when the Fighting Irish visit Tempe.
- The Golden Bears will wear a patch honoring the late Ted Agu, who died during a training session in February, with a memorial patch. I haven't seen anything yet, but it will probably look like the one the Cal basketball teams wore earlier this year:
- No plans for any drastic changes to CU's uniforms, which is a mistake in my opinion. While classic uniform design works well for Stanford and USC, Colorado's unis look horribly outdated. No word yet on whether the Buffaloes will wear pink helmet decals for breast cancer awareness like they did last season, which were pretty cool.
- Colorado is at least updating their facilities.
- They probably have some new uniforms.
- No changes as of now, but Land Grant Holy Land theorizes that Phil Knight gave Oregon State a horrible uniform template, nicknamed the "sports bra", on purpose.
- Nothing really new with Stanford's uniforms, but Land Grant Holy Land suggests they use forest green as an alternative color rather than black. That would make more sense.
- PAC-12 WEEKLY UPDATE INVESTIGATES: There have been rumors about UCLA returning the Clarendon font to its uniforms, and rightly so, but no official announcement. Last week, I happened to be on UCLA's campus and managed to snap this picture in the bookstore:
So yay, they're going back to Clarendon!
- Also, as previously mentioned in another post of mine, UCLA's "LA Steel" alternative uniforms look like this:
- So Utah probably has the worst uniforms in the conference. No word yet on if the mountains turn blue as the weather gets colder.
- It sounds like the Trojans will be switching to these shinier helmets, which made the rounds last month:
BUT, the team will not wear them until their September 27th tie with Oregon State, due to a manufacturing delay. Apparently, these helmets cost $1000 each, which sounds like a lot, but to be fair I don't know how much non-shiny helmets cost.
- Here is Washington's new uniform set, which isn't half bad:
- Also, they're helmets will have a "Northwest frost" texture. Not sure what makes "Northwest frost" different from other types of frost:
Washington Huskies white helmets have a new texture "resembling Northwest frost" pic.twitter.com/LMXec3w1Wj— Phil Hecken (@PhilHecken) April 18, 2014
- Along with a new turf, Martin Stadium has been going through a little bit of a facelift. The bricks make the stadium look a lot nicer.
Martin Stadium a few hours ago. New end zones and new bricks lookin sharp ... pic.twitter.com/faukxukQY6— COUGFANcom (@COUGFANcom) August 12, 2014
Completely Arbitrary Bowl Projections
Rose Bowl presented by Northwestern Mutual (playoff): UCLA (13-0) vs. Oklahoma (11-1)
Allstate Sugar Bowl (playoff): Arizona State (11-1) vs. Auburn (13-0)
Valero Sun Bowl: Oregon (10-3) vs. Iowa State (7-5)
National University Holiday Bowl: Stanford (9-3) vs. Oakland Raiders (2-14)
Cactus Bowl: Washington (9-3) vs. Wisconsin (7-5)
San Francisco Bowl: USC (7-5) vs. Syracuse (7-5)
Hyundai Sun Bowl: Arizona (6-6) vs. UNLV (9-3)
Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Oregon State (6-6) vs. Illinois (7-5)