The Pac-12 should take a page out of USC and UCLA's book and stop scheduling FCS opponents. It's not a win-win situation for anybody. Cal is 2-0, but no one cares because they demolished Sacramento State. On the other hand, Washington gave up 52 points to a directional school. At the very least, let's stop scheduling Eastern Washington.
Last week: 4-5-0
Home team in CAPS.
Saturday, 13 August, 11:00 AM PDT
Wyoming (+43) over OREGON
- Is there a team policy to not eat turkey on Thanksgiving?
1:00 PM PDT
WASHINGTON (-13.5) over Illinois
- Apparently, Coach Chris Petersen has a rule that outlaws helmets touching the ground, which led to the suspension of CB Marcus Peters. What about everyone else who was tackled last week?
2:00 PM PDT
STANFORD (-28) over Army
5:00 PM PDT
Portland State @ WASHINGTON STATE (no line available)
- Let's also agree as a conference to stop playing Portland State.
BOSTON COLLEGE (+17) over Southern California
- I don't know how I missed this, but here's a Josh Shaw Excuse Creator.
University of California, Los Angeles (-7.5) over TEXAS
- Hopefully coach Jim Mora brings in Sesame Street's Grover to break down the keys to beating Texas this Saturday. Seems like a simple game plan:
7:00 PM PDT
Arizona State (-15.5) over COLORADO
- Remember when ASU was going to hire June Jones instead of CTG?
June Jones resigned Monday as SMU football coach: http://t.co/Qpd9LoeoUQ— USA TODAY Sports (@USATODAYsports) September 9, 2014
- Colorado still has a shot!
How important are 1st 2 weeks? No team since 1990 Colorado has won national title w/out starting 2-0— Brett McMurphy (@McMurphyESPN) September 5, 2014
8:00 PM PDT
Nevada (-15.5) over ARIZONA
- Wildcats AD Greg Byrne wants to start a new tradition in the Zona Zoo; fans will link arms and sway back and forth right before kickoff. And by new, I mean they're copying Texas A&M.
- Not everything went well for Cal during their 55-14 victory over Sacramento State:
Sooo card stunts were a bit spotty pic.twitter.com/e3Ev84sYBU— Avinash Kunnath (@avinashkunnath) September 6, 2014
Oregon State: IDLE
- Benny Beaver is currently fourth in Phil Steele's mascot power rankings, with a win over Brutus Buckeye. The Big Ten's woes continue.
- Here is the Utah football team getting insanely excited over... a white helmet? That's what they're yelling about? It's cool, I guess, but they just slapped a Utah decal on a white helmet instead of a red one.