Now that the regular season is over, figured it would be a great time to update the 2016 NFL mock draft.
1.Cleveland - Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
2. San Francisco - Jared Goff QB Cal - Goff had his ups and downs in 2015, but ultimately, I think NFL teams are desperately looking for the passing skills and accuracy he has right now. I think the 49ers will take the local kid to become the next face of their team as long as he is around when they are picking in the first round.
3. San Diego - Laremy Tunsil T Mississippi
4. New Orleans - Joey Bosa DE Ohio State
5. Tennessee - Ronnie Stanley T Notre Dame
6. Dallas - Jalen Ramsey S Florida State
7. Baltimore - Vernon Hargreaves CB Florida
8. Miami - DeForest Buckner DE Oregon
I thought there were only seven five-star-level prospects in this draft, but I think Buckner has worked his way onto that list with the level he has dominated at this season and his massive frame. I think he would be too good of a prospect for the Dolphins to pass at this point, especially since they can use help up front.
9. Jacksonville - Jack Conklin T Michigan State
10. Philadelphia - Myles Jack LB UCLA
I think Jack's stock catches fire the closer we get to the draft and the further away his injury gets. Chip Kelly or no Chip Kelly, the Eagles could use a playmaking linebacker who can rush the passer and Jack would be the best available.
11. Detroit - A'Shawn Robinson DT Alabama
12. St. Louis - LaQuon Treadwell WR Mississippi
13. Chicago - Robert Nkemdiche DE Mississippi
14. Tampa Bay - Jaylon Smith LB Notre Dame
15. Washington - Leonard Floyd LB Georgia
16. Oakland - Taylor Decker T Ohio State
17. Houston - Connor Cook QB Michigan State
18. Buffalo - Shaq Lawson DE Clemson
19. Pittsburgh - Tre'Davious White CB LSU
20. Atlanta - Andrew Billings DT Baylor
21. Indianapolis - Vadal Alexander G LSU
22. Giants - Kenny Clark DT UCLA
Clark has been almost as dominant as Buckner this year. He is a nightmare over the center and will be maybe the first true defensive tackle taken. The Giants could really use his ability to take away the run up front.
23. Jets - Ezekiel Elliott RB Ohio State
24. Minnesota - Jayron Kearse S Clemson
25. Kansas City - Reggie Ragland LB Alabama
26. Seattle - Michael Thomas WR Ohio State
27. Denver - Mackensie Alexander CB Clemson
28. Green Bay - Scooby Wright LB Arizona
Like Jack, I think Wright will go back up draft boards as the time from his injury shortens. Teams want an attacking linebacker with NFL size and leadership. The Packers could really use a young linebacker to bolster the middle of their defense.
29. Cincinnati - Adolphus Washington DT Ohio State
30. Arizona - Carl Nassib DE Penn State
31. Carolina - Corey Coleman WR Baylor